Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens with active ACTIVE TOP SECRET
clearance - a requirement on its sub contract with work share on a Project with a Major Prime) for the following position for a federal agency.
: Information System Security Officer - an Active Top SECRET required
: Negotiable with standard benefits based on experience, education, degree and certifications
: Quantico, VA (a federal intel agency)
- The ISSO will be responsible for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for each assigned information system or product.
- The ISSO is responsible for the day-to-day implementation, oversight, and maintenance of the security configuration, practices, and procedures for each product under the ISSO's purview in accordance with federal agency and federal policies and guidelines. ISSO duties and responsibilities fall into five main areas: security operations and management (including access control and other policy implementation), security planning/documentation (i.e. RiskVision, SSP, ATO, etc.), security monitoring and evaluation (including audit, assessment and risk management), security awareness and training, and security incident reporting and response management (i.e. POA&Ms, etc).
- Will work with Security Division, ESOC, OGC, product managers and system owners to ensure complete security of the product.
- Desirable - one of the Security Certification, such as CompTIA Security+, CISM, CISSP, CISA, CAP, or CASP Knowledge Networking/Systems Administration is a plus
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance Required
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance
• 4 year degree (experience can be substituted for education)
• Working knowledge of DoD or Intel Networks
• Experience (4-5 years
) with assessing security controls based on DoD (RMF) or NIST 800-53 guidelines.
• Strong leadership experience and interpersonal skills
years of directly related experience in IT/IA Engineering, Certification and Accreditation/Assess and Authorize Desired Certifications (e.g., National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CND-AU Certification (Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Information Systems Auditor or GIAC Systems and Network Auditor), AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert).
Our standard benefits
include 3 weeks of Paid time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us. we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee. In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees. All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting. In addition, all w-2 employees are eligible to be part of company's profit sharing, no employee contributions required. NO commuting and/or parking expenses are provided to work in Washington, DC location.