Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens with active ACTIVE TOP SECRET
clearance - a requirement on its sub contract with work share on a Project with a Major Prime) for the following position for a federal agency.
: Cloud Network Engineer - an Active Top SECRET required
: Negotiable with standard benefits based on experience, education, degree and certifications
: Quantico, VA (a federal intel agency)
- Demonstrate professional competence in the principles and practices of Cloud and Network architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (network, compute, storage) and service delivery models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Understanding and experience with cloud native/12-factor application architecture and microservices.
- Ability to investigate and provide technical options to managers and researchers for selecting effective networking solutions based on requirements.
- Experience and ability to manage, and/or support engineering projects related to network infrastructure in the cloud.
- Design and implement scalable, Highly-Available (HA), Fault-Tolerant (FT), and secure networking solutions.
- Knowledge and experience implementing best practice cloud networking.
- Good knowledge and understanding of federal cloud policy, regulations, and implementations (e.g. FedRAMP, FITARA, NIST, OMB, etc.).
- Able to produce high-quality technical documentation.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and multitasking.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning, presentation, and relationship building skills.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
Our standard benefits
- Experience with IT Operations and Engineering.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience AWS Services for networking, such as; VPC, subnets, route tables, gateways, VPC Endpoints, Load Balancers, Transit Gateway, VPN, Direct Connect, Route 53, Security Groups, NACLs, and firewall services.
- Fluency in core AWS features (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS) and general familiarity with a wide variety of AWS native services.
- Proficiency and Proven Hands-on experience for networking, such as; VPC, subnets, Routes, Load Balancers, Cloud Router, VPN, Interconnect, Firewall, Cloud NAT, Cloud DNS..
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code, and scripting cloud deployments and changes using products such CloudFormation, Terraform, GitHub.
- Experience in automation using various tools including Shell, Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.).
- Experience migrating systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions.
- Experience with troubleshooting in networking to include routing, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Experience with best practices in securing networks, as well as data and applications.
- Knowledge and experience of the AWS Well Architected Framework.
- Knowledge of containerization/ECS/EKS/Kubernetes.
- • Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party enterprise solutions into cloud network infrastructure in multicloud / hybrid cloud environments.
include 3 weeks of Paid time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us. we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee. In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees. All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting. In addition, all w-2 employees are eligible to be part of company's profit sharing, no employee contributions required. NO commuting and/or parking expenses are provided to work in Washington, DC location.