Visual Soft has an opening for a Senior Level Windows Server Systems Administrator with experience our sub-contract with a large Prime in support of our team efforts for Army at Army Research Labs, Adelphi, MD or Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
TITLE: Senior Windows Administrator (Tier 3) Level – Active TOP SECRET is a must
Location: ONSITE (3 days) and REMOTE (2 days) Adelphi, MD or Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
The individual selected for this position will be a Senior member of the Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Adelphi, MD or Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This individual will provide Senior Windows Systems Administrator Services at Tier 3 Level and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers at the customer site. Senior Level hands-on knowledge of Windows server administration is required for this position.
This position requires:
Our standard benefits include
REQUIED QUALIFICATIONS AND CLEARANCES
- 8 + years relevant work experience as at least 3+ years of Senior Tier 3-Level Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center
- create and deliver server capacity planning for the Windows platform.
- ensure server performance thresholds are operating in accordance with industry standards based on the life of the server.
- Collaborate with networks and storage teams continually to ensure the infrastructure capability is providing the most effective and efficient performance.
- Demonstrated experience with clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and managing Windows servers remotely.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows servers (Windows 2008-2016, Windows 2019 or above) and Tier 3 troubleshooting will maintain the windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments, maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers’ capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores, Windows 2008-2016, Windows 2019 or above Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements;
- Support data center consolidation efforts;
- Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s); and
- Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
- Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
- Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
- Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
- Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and a 10+ years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- An ACTIVE TOP SECRET is required for this position
- Security + Certification is required
- Experience with administration a multi-site, multi-farm Windows server on-premises infrastructure and in Azure Cloud IaaS environment;
- Senior, Tier 3 level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to Senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications and hosting within Azure Cloud Environments.
- Senior Tier 3 Level Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Completing registry backups and modifications
- Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Use of Windows Task Scheduler
- Application of security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
Our standard benefits include 3 weeks of Paid time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us. we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee. In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees. All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting.