Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens with active ACTIVE TOP SECRET
clearance - a requirement on its sub contract with work share on a Project with a Major Prime) for the following position for a federal agency.
Center infrastructures, including new installation, upgrades and ongoing support.
: Senior Cyber Security Analyst/Engineer - an Active Top SECRET required
: $170k + /year based on experience, education, degree and certifications
: Washington, DC (a federal intel agency)
Senior Cyber Security Engineer
with direct and hands-on Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience to work at FBI HQ in Washington, DC. The candidate shall possess a thorough understanding of cybersecurity and tasks required to protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. This includes providing for restoration of information systems by incorporating protection, detection, and reaction capabilities. Contribute to the Authorization and Assessment (A&A) process under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing information systems, to include facilitating Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA), Risk Acceptance Letters (RAL) and Continuous Monitoring. This role will have an opportunity to assist the organization in driving down risk by assisting in the implementation and ongoing service of important organizational controls, essential documentation (including policies, standards, procedures, and assessment reports), and being responsive to issues that may compromise data on the agency’s network. The candidate must also have an understanding of reporting, updating and maintaining all POA&M items as well as cyber security training, certification, and tracking requirements as cited in DoD 8570.01-M, as well as ACAS and SCAP training.
- Ability to lead interface with Senior Management (Unit Chief) of the agency, work independently, demonstrate excellent problem-solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) compliance for all Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages.
- Investigate, contain and report all Classified Message Incidents (CMIs).
- Adhere to all DoD, Air Force and NIST 800 guidance policies and regulations pertaining to cyber security related matters.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to the agency to support customers’ requirements.
- Conduct SCAP / STIG Viewer scans for STIG compliance checks on all applicable agency's assets.
- Develop process and procedures for all day to day operations.
- Maintain DoD 8570 status for all users identified on the Unit Manning Document (UMD) and DMDC records to ensure required users are compliant.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Demonstrated relevant cyber security experience.
- Understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171 security controls, security practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Cloud system design.
- Knowledge of privacy data security control implementation and implications to a system.
- Knowledge and experience of information systems security policies and practices, state-of-the-art security tools and applications, and IT architectural concepts and frameworks.
- IAT-II (CCNA Security, CY SA+, GSEC, Security +CE, SSCP) or IAM-II Certification (CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, GSLC). - desired
- Other demonstrated experiences which are highly desired, though not required, include:
- Security policy (technical, personnel, facilities), legal requirements, and consulting and recommending potential cyber security solutions to clients.
- Cloud-based storage technologies, to include Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Computing (AWS EC2) environments.
- Software applications and cloud-based applications.
- Big Data/Large scale data infrastructure technologies.
- Documenting systems and processes.
- Assessing risks associated with systems/networks and their environments.
- Data transfer protocols and security.
- XACTA and Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Active DoD Top Secret clearance
• 4 year degree
• Working knowledge of DoD or Intel Networks
• Extensive experience (10+ years
) with assessing security controls based on DoD (RMF) or NIST 800-53 guidelines.
certification is highly desired
• Strong leadership experience and interpersonal skills
years of directly related experience in IT/IA Engineering, Certification and Accreditation/Assess and Authorize Desired Certifications (e.g., National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CND-AU Certification (Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Information Systems Auditor or GIAC Systems and Network Auditor), AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert).
Our standard benefits
include 3 weeks of Paid time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us. we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee. In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees. All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting. In addition, all w-2 employees are eligible to be part of company's profit sharing, no employee contributions required. NO commuting and/or parking expenses are provided to work in Washington, DC location.