Visual Soft, Inc is seeking qualified candidates (US Citizens with active ACTIVE TOP SECRET
clearance - a requirement on its sub contract with work share on a Project with a Major Prime) for the following position for a federal agency.
Center infrastructures, including new installation, upgrades and ongoing support.
: Senior Network Engineer with AWS
- an Active Top SECRET required
: $200k + /year based on experience, education, degree and certifications
: Washington, DC (a federal intel agency)
- Design, configure, test, and administer enterprise storage, backup and recovery services.
- Planning, design, and implementation experience of a large networking enterprise
- Working knowledge of network related CISCO platforms: Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud technology concepts such as VPC, VPC Peering, DirectConnect and EC2 instances
- Understanding of the process of migrating an on-premise infrastructure to AWS
- Desired experience using SolarWinds network monitoring tool
Our standard benefits
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field (additional work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- Ten (10+) years of related experience that includes planning, designing and implementing networks in a large AWS enterprise environment
- Cisco Certification and/or Network+ certification; AWS certification
- Working knowledge of Cisco platforms: Firewalls, routers, LAN switches, load balancing systems, remote access systems, network management and capacity planning systems
- Working experience with analysis of data flows, IP addressing, OSI model, Ethernet, Wireless, EIGRP, BGP and MPLS
- Working knowledge of ASA, VPN Concentrators and hands on experience using diagnostic and management tools
include 3 weeks of Paid time off (PTO that includes sick leave). Any unused PTO will be issued as a check at the end of an employee's anniversary with us. we also provide 2 floating and 8 public holidays. Floating and holidays expire at the end of every year of service of an employee. In addition, company will cover 50% of health and dental insurances only for all full time employees, however, dependents can be added at extra cost. Employee's health and dental coverage becomes effective after 30 days or first of the month after an employee completes initial 30 working days, we cover 50% for the employee's health and dental insurances. An employee has to finish all of your paper work for health and dental in the first 30 days of your employment with us. We provide STD, LTD and one time salary equivalent of life insurance at NO cost to all full time employees. All full time employees or w-2 employees with no benefits will be eligible to participate in company's 401k program after 90 days of employment with a company match of 4%, immediate vesting. In addition, all w-2 employees are eligible to be part of company's profit sharing, no employee contributions required. NO commuting and/or parking expenses are provided to work in Washington, DC location.